User Experience Designer
IBM Watson Health | January 2016 - Present
I design systems that deliver actionable cognitive insights to healthcare professionals in a way that enhances their existing workflows. I also conduct generative user research with IBM clients to gain awareness into the pain points within healthcare workflows, and perform usability testing to optimize our products.
• Watson for Genomics: UX Design for a research analytics and personalized medicine recommendation platform, in partnership with Quest Diagnostics.
• Watson for Patient Safety: UX Research + Design for a next generation pharmacovigilance platform, in partnership with Celgene.
UX Design Consultant
Freelance | Mar 2013 - Present
Advise start-up clients on usability and interface design, analyze user research to improve user flows and functionality. Create wireframes, user flow diagrams, storyboards, and visual designs to communicate product features and interactions.
User Experience Designer
Group SJR (WPP) | May 2015 - November 2015
Reimagined digital publishing and the way people engage with branded content. I synthesized content strategy with a great user experience, and designed content sites that make publishing intuitive.
Vaudeville Ventures | Mar 2014 - May 2015
Consulted with start-up and corporate clients to build great digital experiences for their customers. Led website redesigns and rebranding intiatives. Experience in wireframing, design iteration, and direct client management.
• Madison Square Garden Entertainment: Redesign of New York Spring Spectacular Broadway website and ticketing experience for desktop, tablet & mobile.
• Bonnie Jean: Redesign of B2B and e-commerce websites for the largest U.S. girls’ dress company with $80 million in revenues per year.
• LeanOnWe.com: Created complete brand system with logo, fonts, color palette, and style guide for a home care start-up.
Digital Engagement Intern
@radical.media | Jun - Aug 2012
Collaborated with a team of interns to pitch a cross-platform marketing strategy for an interactive, location-based experiential exhibit to senior management.
Rhode Island School of Design
Sept 2009 - Jun 2013
3.9 GPA with Honors
Sept 2011 - Jun 2012
Cross-enrolled, Liberal Arts Studies
Harvard Extension School
June 2016 - Aug 2016
Statistics S-100: Introduction to Quantitative Methods
• User research and testing
• Synthesize business goals with user needs
• Wireframing and prototyping
• Visual design and branding
• HTML/CSS, Bootstrap
• Video production and editing
Tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Keynote, Github, InDesign, Final Cut Pro
• Competitive analysis
• Usability auditing
• Product roadmapping from MVP to version X
• Feature prioritization
• Knowledge of Lean Startup and Scrum Methodology